WE ARE HIRING! SEE JOB OPPORTUNITIES BELOW
If you would like to make a difference and join a team of caring professionals, we invite you to apply and join our mission!
Antelope Valley Community Clinic (AVCC) is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package with choice and flexibility to meet the needs of our diverse workforce.
Current benefits include:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Long-Term Disability Plan
- Short -Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Section 132 Commuter
- Supplemental Life Insurance (Basic & Voluntary)
- Credit Union
- Other Benefits
CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER, Open Position
AVCC is looking for a Chief Medical Officer (Internal Medicine/Family Practice). This is a full-time position and will provide about 40% Direct Patient Care and 60% Administration.
The CMO oversees all Clinical Operations at two clinics plus two mobile clinic. We currently have 220 employees and professional staff of 34 which includes, IM, FP, GP, PA & FNP. The Dental Services has its own Director. The CMO must be licensed by the State Board of Medical Examiners to practice medicine in the state of California, Certified by an appropriate American Medical Specialty Board -Internal Medicine or Family Practice. Internist preferred with minimum of two years prior experience in community clinic setting and administrative duties.
Candidate must have documented skills & experience in EMR/PCMH implementation and data acquisition to augment and improve quality patient care. Antelope Valley Community Clinic provides a full range of benefits including Health Coverage, 401 k with match, 3 weeks of vacation 1st year, 5days of CME plus $1,500 towards CME, life insurance, full malpractice coverage and 10% of base bonus package. Compensation commensurate with experience and community standards. AVCC also is a qualified loan repayment site through the National Health Services Corps. Complete Job Description, benefits and salary range available upon request.
Send CV and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 661.902 6839
LICENSED PHYSICIANS in Family Practice, Internal Medicine & Psychiatry
- Satisfactory completion of an accredited training program. Board eligible or Board Certified preferred.
- Current license in the State of California.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse races, ethnicities and ages in a multicultural environment. Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred.
- Strong desire to work with underserved population and assist in the development of clinical services that will improve the overall health status of the residents of the Antelope Valley. Work within integrated model to develop and provide patients centered medical care.
Antelope Valley Community Clinic provides a full range of benefits including Health Coverage, 401 k with match, 3 weeks of vacation 1st year, 5days of CME plus $1,500 towards CME, life insurance, full malpractice coverage and 10% of base bonus package. Compensation commensurate with experience and community standards. AVCC also is a qualified Loan repayment site through the National Health Services Corps.
Send CV to email@example.com, fax to 661.902 6839
Family Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant
Antelope Valley Community Clinic is expanding its Lancaster and Palmdale locations. We are looking for experienced FNP’s or PA’s with current California License. Bilingual preferred.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of two (2) years clinical experience preferred;
- Thorough knowledge of principles and practices of modern medicine related to public health services; general knowledge of state and federal laws pertaining to public health;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with men and women of diverse races, ethnicities, ages, and sexual orientations in a multicultural environment;
TRAINING, EDUCATION, AND LICENSURE
- Current license to practice medicine within the state;
- Nurse Practitioner: Board‐certified within 1 year of employment or Board eligible for American Academy of Nurse Practitioners or American Nurses Credentialing Center as a Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult Nurse Practitioner, Adult Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Gerontological Nurse Practitioner, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Family Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
- Physician Assistant: Board Certified by The Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination (PANCE) administered by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- 4. For the Nurse Practitioner, possession of, or the ability to apply for a Furnishing Number from the State of California, Board of Registered Nursing and a DEA number within 3 months of employment.
- For the Physician Assistant, possession of, or the ability to apply for a DEA number within 3 months of employment.
- Current BLS certification by the American Heart Association.
- The Physician Assistant will practice medicine under the Delegation of Services Agreement (DSA), which is a document used by supervising physicians and Physician Assistants to meet requirements of Section 1399.540. The Nurse Practitioners will practice under the Standardized Procedures for Nurse Practitioners and this document defines the scope of practice of Nurse Practitioners at Antelope Valley Community Clinic in order to meet the legal requirements for the provision of health care by Nurse Practitioners.
- Examines patient, takes medical history, records results, and makes preliminary diagnosis or decides on follow‐up procedures;
- Administers or orders diagnostic tests, blood work, and interprets test results;
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as immunizations, injections, and managing infection;
- Exercises professional judgment regarding consultation with medical director concerning appropriate treatment;
- Develops and implements patient care plans, instructs and counsels patients and records progress;
- Prescribes medications to the extent allowable by state guidelines and clinic regulations;
- Provides health education regarding health maintenance especially in the realm of STD prevention;
- Prescreens cases requiring review by the Medical Director;
- Participates in staff meetings, quality improvement meetings, planning meetings, and other meetings as needed;
- Participates in the program’s ongoing quality assurance monitoring;
- Participates in peer review process.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Benefits are competitive and include Health, Life Insurances, Vacation, Sick time, and 401k. Qualified applicants please send resume with cover letter and past salary history.
Send CV and any Salary Requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently seeking licensed Full-Time Dentist
The mission of AVCC is to enhance the well-being of the community by providing comprehensive high-quality health care services including prevention and education with special emphasis on the medically underserved and low-income populations. We serve the uninsured, Medi-Cal, Medi-Cal HMO and Medicare patients.
Requires a comprehensive knowledge of primary dental care in outpatient settings. Knowledge of the principles and practice of modern dentistry as related to public health organizations and community health programs as well as current social and economic problems pertaining to public health and their impact on primary health care.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Examines individuals requesting care, diagnoses their dental/oral conditions, prescribes and carries out, or directs others in carrying out, appropriate dental/oral treatment, or refers individuals for specialty consultation or treatment in conformance with approved clinical protocols and guidelines.
- Records patient-dentist transactions as they occur in the patient’s dental records so that the dental record accurately and completely reflects the nature of the contract, the condition of the patient and the care or treatment provided. In addition the staff dentist shall complete referrals, data collections instruments and other records or paper works as shall be required from time to time by the corporation.
- Educates individuals in the nature of oral health related conditions and in the general promotion of oral health related disease prevention.
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduated from an accredited dental school
- Current license in the State of California in good standing
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse races, ethnicities and ages in a multicultural environment. Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred
- Strong desire to work with underserved population and assist in the development of oral health services that will improve the overall health status of the residents of the Antelope Valley.
Antelope Valley Community Clinic provides a full range of benefits including Health Coverage, 401k, vacation days, 5 days of CME plus $1,500 towards CME, life insurance, full malpractice coverage, Loan Repayment up to $30,000/year through national Service Corp. and 10% of base bonus package. Compensation commensurate with experience and community standards.
Send CV to email@example.com, fax to 661.902 6839